SPLICE FESTIVAL 2018
SPLICE is excited to announce a call for proposals for our first annual SPLICE Festival.
We invite submissions for concert works involving performance and electronics to be presented at Western Michigan University on Friday and Saturday, January 26-27, 2018.
We welcome submissions from performers, composers, composer/performer teams, and composer-performers. Submissions may also include proposals for short fifteen-minute presentations focusing on technical and/or aesthetic features of the submitted work related to performance, creative practices, and/or technology. We are interested in works that feature the performance of traditional instruments or other performance components.
SPLICE Festival will include four to five concerts and two presentation sessions. Concerts will feature curated performances by the SPLICE Ensemble and performances selected from submitted works. Presentations will be for Western Michigan University composition and music technology majors, in addition to festival attendees.
You may also download this information as a PDF.
Please read all Submission Guidelines and Requirements below before submitting your proposal.
- Submissions must be received by Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST
- All works must include a live performance component
- All works must include electronics
- Works less than 20 minutes are preferred, but works as long as 45 minutes will be considered
- Individuals can only be involved in two submissions
- The primary submitter of the work must attend the entire festival and remit a $20 registration fee
- Composers may submit works for trumpet, piano, and percussion in any combination
- All other performers must be arranged by the submitter
- Submissions must include a list of tech requirements, including what the presenter is asking SPLICE to provide. SPLICE Festival will have a 10-channel surround sound system available to facilitate various surround sound configurations.
- Only online submissions will be considered
- Files are not uploaded, links to files are required
- We expect to notify all submitters by Sunday, October 1, 2017
- Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required with Submission
- Contact information
- List of performers and instruments
- Links to stream or download a recording of the work–mockups are acceptable
- Links to view or download a score, if applicable
- Information regarding what equipment you will provide
- Information regarding what equipment you will need us to provide
- Short Bios for all individuals involved
- Program Notes
- All submitters are encouraged to provide a two to four sentence proposal for a fifteen-minute presentation regarding technical and/or aesthetic features of their submitted work. The presentation could focus on performance, creative practices, and/or technology
- An agreement to attend the entire event
Please visit https://goo.gl/forms/Dngc3AkgA8FTToPv1 to submit a proposal.